A woman from Delaware County who claims she suffered leg injuries after slipping on a plastic price tag that had been inadvertently left on the floor of a local Whole Foods has filed a premises liability complaint against the retailer in state court.
Pamela Jackson, of Yeadon, Pa., claims in her civil action that she injured herself back on Nov. 24, 2010 while she was shopping at the Whole Foods location at 2001 Pennsylvania Avenue in Philadelphia’s Art Museum neighborhood.
The lawsuit, filed at Philadelphia’s Common Pleas Court May 12 by attorney Jeffrey M. Rosenbaum, of the Philadelphia firm Rosenbaum & Associates, claims that Jackson suffered injuries to her knee, leg and ankle, as well as a shock to her nervous system, following the slip-and-fall incident at the grocery retailer.
The complaint accuses the defendant of carelessness and negligence for failing to maintain a safe premises, failing to warn business invitees of the dangerous condition that existed on the floor, failing to properly remove the price tag from the floor and failing to install and maintain floors that are slip resistant.
In addition to the alleged injuries sustained as a result of the incident, Jackson has also experienced an aggravation of pre-existing conditions, the suit claims.
The complaint claims that Jackson has had to spend money on medical attention to treat her physical injuries and that her daily activities have been interrupted as a result of her injuring herself.
The lawsuit also claims Jackson has experienced pain and suffering, inconvenience and embarrassment.
Jackson seeks $50,000 in compensatory damages.
An arbitration hearing has been scheduled for late January 2013.
The case ID number is 120500966.
- Essentials Salon and Day Spa sued for more than $1 million in age discrimination case
- Female trucker sues Centerline Drivers alleging gender discrimination
- Pennsylvania man sues NBA alleging league’s website violates ADA
- Family sues Monroe County over injury claims after child was injured by dog
- Lehigh County couple sue J.C. Penney over trip and fall at area mall
- DraftKings, FanDuel sued over fraud allegations
- Professor alleges Temple University fired him because of his age
- Man sues CVS pharmacy, alleges racial discrimination
- Wine manufacturer sues over Naked trademark infringement
- Westmoreland County woman sues ex-employer over sexual harassment allegations