Carrie Bradon Jan. 14, 2016, 11:09am


HARRISBURG – A New York couple is suing Best Western over claims that they were allegedly exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at the hotel.

Julie and Keith Nutt filed a complaint Jan. 4 in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania against Best Western International, Premier Hotel Management, and Premier Hotel, doing business as Best Western, alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the Nutts were guests at a Best Western in Dunmore on Aug. 24, 2014, when they purportedly were endangered. According to the complaint, while staying in room 222, Keith Nutt called for emergency help, stating that his wife was unconscious. Both were then found unconscious in the hallway by emergency responders, the complaint states. Upon investigation, it was found that there were high levels of carbon monoxide leaking into the room, the complaint states.

According to the complaint, the following day the hotel was shut down and it was discovered that there were multiple appliances and safety features not functioning, such as the water sprinklers in disrepair. The Nutts are suing the defendants for negligence, claiming the defendants' alleged carelessness caused them physical pain and anguish.

The Nutts seek damages of more than $75,000 as well as legal fees. They are represented by James J. Conaboy of Abrahamsen, Conaboy & Abrahamsen PC in Scranton.

U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania Case number 3:16-CV-00002

Want to get notified whenever we write about Abrahamsen, Conaboy and Abrahamsen, P.C ?
Next time we write about Abrahamsen, Conaboy and Abrahamsen, P.C, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Abrahamsen, Conaboy and Abrahamsen, P.C
1006 Pittston Avenue
Scranton, PA 18505

More News