Property owner says Ningbo Singfun, Lowe's negligence led to fire

By Philip Gonzales | Jun 21, 2018

STROUDSBURG — A property owner is suing Ningbo Singfun Electric Appliance Co. Ltd. and Lowe's Cos. Inc., citing alleged negligence related to a fire caused by an electric heater malfunction.

Santos Ortiz filed a complaint June 12 in Monroe County Court of Common Pleas, alleging that the defendants failed to design and manufacture a properly functioning flat-bed electric heater.

According to the complaint, Ortiz's property sustained severe fire damage on May 23, 2016 when the flat-bed electric heater distributed by the defendants allegedly malfunctioned and failed.

Ortiz claims that he suffered real and personal property damages and additional expenses. The plaintiff said he holds Ningbo Singfun Electric Appliance and Lowe's responsible because they allegedly failed to properly inspect and test the heater and failed to provide adequate warnings or instructions on how to safely use it.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks a judgment in the amount of $85,103.16, punitive damages, costs, legal fees and other appropriate relief. He is represented by Joseph McGlynn of de Luca Levine LLC in Blue Bell.

Monroe County Court of Common Pleas case number 3:18-cv-01194-UN4

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

de Luca Levine LLC Monroe County Court of Common Pleas

More News

The Record Network