Apartment complex operators claim fire erupted from tenant's negligence

By Philip Gonzales | Dec 24, 2018

PITTSBURGH — Apartment complex operators are suing Tamara A. Clark, a tenant, citing alleged negligence.

Lobos Management Co. and others filed a complaint on Dec. 12 in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas against Clark, alleging the tenant negligently left her townhome with her kitchen stove on and unattended.

According to the complaint, the plaintiffs allege that on Feb. 7, 2017, Lobos Management Co. and others were the owners of a residential real estate on Lincoln Way in White Oak. As a result of defendant's negligence, a catastrophic fire ignited at defendant's townhome -- Unit 11 -- resulting in the destruction of her unit and significant damage and loss to Units 9, 10, 12 and 13, the suit says. 

The plaintiffs hold Clark responsible because the defendant allegedly negligently left the kitchen stove in her townhome unit in the on position heating a pot of grease or cooking oil.

The plaintiffs request a trial by jury and seek judgment against defendant in the amount of more than $35,000. They are represented by Richard Andracki of Andracki, Sysak & Artman, P.C in Pittsburgh.

The Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Case No. is 18-16517.

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Allegheny County Courts of Common Pleas Andracki, Sysak & Artman, P.C Lobos Management Company

More News

The Record Network