Pennsylvania Record

Monday, September 23, 2019

Woman alleges improperly installed heater at Waymart camping resort caused carbon monoxide poisoning

Federal Court

By Carrie Bradon | Sep 10, 2019


WILKES-BARRE – A New Jersey couple are suing a Waymart camping resort alleging that the wife experienced carbon monoxide poisoning while on the premises.

Vera Correia and Armando Jorge Correia filed a complaint on Aug. 27 in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania against Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort Inc., Keen Lake Inc., KLCCR LLC and Jennifer Wertz alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, Vera Correia alleges on Sept. 2, 2017, she was an invitee at the defendant's premises and was in the shower area of the bathhouse when she began to feel unwell and collapsed. The suit states the plaintiff was transported to the hospital and was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The plaintiffs allege emergency personnel tested the air quality in the bathhouse and found excessively high levels of carbon monoxide from an improperly and negligently installed heater exhaust system. They allege the defendants' negligence and carelessness were the direct cause of Vera Correia's illness.

The plaintiffs are seeking all reasonable sums due, attorney fees and court costs. They are represented by Richard A. Godshall of Ostroff Injury Law PC in Blue Bell.

Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Wilkes-Barre) ?

Sign-up Next time we write about U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Wilkes-Barre), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Wilkes-Barre)

More News